Enter your email address:

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Deanna Crowe



The Artisan Group is proud to announce this week's Artist Spotlight feature is one of our talented bath & body product members, Deanna Crowe!

_________________________________________
BAREFOOT BATH & BODY


We caught up with Deanna and asked her a few questions about her hand-poured candles and soaps, and her experiences so far working with TAG. Here's what she said:


  • Tell us a little bit about your shoppe.  Barefoot Bath & Body originally started out on Etsy as Dee's Home Goods in 2007.  After discovering there was a discount store named Home Goods, I obviously did not want any confusion, plus I needed to sell under a name that represented who I am and the fact that the products themselves are bare bones no nonsense products.  My shop today features handmade cold and hot process soap, travel and teacup candles, and assorted body, lip and perfume balms.
  • What is your favorite product in your shoppe and why?  My favorite product are the soaps.  Just being able to create a natural product and tweak it to meet my own skin needs, and the shear chemistry of it all continues to fascinate and inspire me.  Making soap is serious business, but unmolding a loaf of soap is just like Christmas morning every single time!  
  • When you're not handcrafting wonderful bath goodies and sweet-smelling candles, what are your hobbies?  I have all kinds of hobbies.  I dabble in jewelry, hand embroidery, knitting, crocheting, painting, writing, sewing, photography (I'm a little ADD) and I love to scrapbook.  I have a whole craft room full of unfinished projects... someday they WILL get finished! 
  • What do you like best about The Artisan Group?   You have to understand that before I was accepted into The Artisan Group, I never really believed in helping out others, networking and such.  But, I also knew that I needed some help.  When I joined The Artisan Group the first thing I noticed was the comradere and the unselfish and untiring help others are willing to give.  I was even more impressed that whatever I had to say or contribute was not looked down upon.  I am truly blessed to be with a group that was handpicked... it makes me feel like my products are special.  Also, I enjoy the fact that the group is international.  To meet so many people, some in the soaping field, others in much different fields is amazing... and it all just works beautifully.   
Deanna recently participated as a display participant in a luxury celebrity gift lounge on January 13-14, 2012 at the L'Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, in honor of the The 2012 Golden Globes Nominees and Presenters.

7 comments:

Sherry's Jewelry said...

Loved the article Deanna! Great to get to know you better too!

Alexis Gopal said...

Wonderful spotlight! So happy to get to know Deanna better...love her work!!!

ThompsonGirl Artisan Jewelry said...

Glad to get to know you Deanna!

Joy Light said...

Wonderful insights to you and your work! I didn't know you dabbled in other crafts as well! Your soaps and candles are divine!

Joyflower
Joysilk.blogspot.com

Sari said...

Deanna, so nice to get to learn more about you and your work! Just another fantastic TAGer with super talents.

Catcophony said...

Great spotlight, Deanna!

Wee Bindery said...

Love the interview! Great to learn a little more about you! Fantastic shop!

Post a Comment

Follow Us
About Us
The Artisan Group® is an exclusive premiere entertainment marketing organization on a mission to introduce Hollywood to the best-of-the-best in handcrafted products!

Followers