Enter your email address:

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Sandra Schell-Geiss


The Artisan Group is proud to announce this week's Artist Spotlight Feature is Sandra Schell-Geiss of SilverSchells!

_________________________________________
SILVERSCHELLS

We caught up with Sandra and asked her a few questions about her stunning custom jewelry line, and her experiences so far working with TAG. Here's what she said:





Tell us a little bit about your shoppe. 
As a young girl, I always made jewelry for myself. I would go through all of my mother's old broken jewelry and make new pieces.

It wasn't until I was in my twenties though that I really started designing my own jewelry. I had a wedding to go to and I had the perfect outfit to wear, but I couldn't find the right jewelry to wear. Finally an idea popped into my head and I started making a couple pieces of jewelry that was went perfectly with my outfit. By the end of the night I had received many compliments and even sold the pieces.

From that time on, I began making jewelry for family and friends. I even started selling some of my pieces in a local boutique. But back then, I never really took what I was doing all the seriously. My main focus was raising my four sons.

When my children were older, I ended up going through a scare with cancer. I realized how short and precious life was. I decided then that I was going to make my life count and live my dream. I was going to do what I loved, and whatever I needed to to make that possible. That is how SilverSchells was born in 2009.

What is your favorite product from your shoppe and why? 
My favorite pieces is the Mother's Jewelry Hand Stamped Genuine Leather Bracelet I made for Alison Sweeney from Days Of Our Lives. This was the first time I ever hand-stamped a piece. I also like this bracelet because I think the leather and swarovski crystals give this piece a very elegant and fashionable look, but at the same time is personalized.

When you're not handcrafting such unique and elegant pieces for your jewelry collection, what are your hobbies? 
When I'm not designing jewelry, I like to travel and visit my children (and their families). I also enjoy spending time checking out antique and thrift stores so I can look for old jewelry or other unique items that I will later make jewelry out of. And I always enjoying going out to the lake or river and fishing with my husband.

What do you like best about The Artisan Group? 
Hands down, I have to say the wealth of knowledge that this group has. Along with that, Valerie's amazing management and business skills have made The Artisan Group a major success and drives us to be the best one can be. It has had a major impact on me as well as my business. I am honored and fortunate to be associated with such a supportive and inspiring group of talented artists.


Sandra recently participated as a display participant in a luxury celebrity gift lounge on June 1-2, 2012 at L'Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, in honor of the The 2012 MTV Movie Awards Nominees and Presenters.

5 comments:

Joy Light said...

I enjoyed reading your story Sandra and learning a bit more about your background and coming into your own as a jewellery designer! Congratulations!

Joyflower
Joysilk.blogspot.com

GHdesigns said...

What a lovely feature. Thanks for sharing your story! Congratulations!

Catcophony said...

Excellent feature! Good to get to know the person behind the artistry.

SimplyCaprine said...

What a really nice feature. Love your work and your story!

angie said...

Beautiful piece! And so nice to learn more about you!

Post a Comment

Follow Us
About Us
The Artisan Group® is an exclusive premiere entertainment marketing organization on a mission to introduce Hollywood to the best-of-the-best in handcrafted products!

Followers